CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Drinking too much water is bad?!

Drinking too much water can lead to a condition known as water intoxication. In fact, a while ago, a woman named Jennifer Strange, 28, died from drinking way too much water. She competed in a Sacramento radio station contest to win a Wii for her three kids. To win one, she had to see how much eight ounce bottles of water she could drink without going to the bathroom. The size of the bottle even got bigger moment by moment. The event managers had warned her and had said: "If you don't feel like you can do this, don't put your health at risk." It was also found out that she had drunk two gallons of water before the radio event. Hours after the competition, Jennifer Strange's head started to ache, and sadly, she was found dead.

In my opinion, I think that Jennifer should have listened to the judges and stopped when she started to feel dizzy and uncomfortable. Well, If she had known that drinking too much water could lead to water intoxication, I don't think that she would have taken that risk.
This article relates to science because water intoxication is a serious and science related disease. From this article, I learned to be extremely careful with how much water I drink. By the way, twenty people who worked at the radio station were fired!


This article can be found at: check it out! Its interesting!

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/01/13/water.intox.ap/index.html

0 comments: